September 10 - October 5, 2018.
Changes effective January 1, 2019.
Open Enrollment is the time to review your benefits to ensure you are enrolled in the appropriate coverage for you and your family.
ACTION REQUIRED for all employees during Open Enrollment:
- All employees must log into SmartBen (www.smartben.com) in order to designate beneficiaries for the new employer paid $50,000 life insurance benefit.
During this time you may also:
- Change your medical, dental, and/or vision elections
- Add dependents to your healthcare benefit elections
- Re-Certify your cash in lieu status
- Enroll in the FSA for 2019. Despite your previous year's election, you will need to enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account(s) in order to participate for the 2019 calendar year.
- Make allowed changes to your MetLife Voluntary Life and/or Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
All changes must be made online through SmartBen. Please see below for login information and a step by step guide for making open enrollment changes. Please review the Open Enrollment Memo in its entirety for specific plan change highlights.
Open Enrollment Documents
Open Enrollment Memo
SmartBen Open Enrollment Guide
Username: Your Banner ID. For example, G01234567
Password: This is whatever you have chosen in the past. If you cannot recall, use the Recover Password link. When using the Recover Password option, you will need to enter your Username and your birthdate in this format: MM/DD/YYYY - you must include the forward slashes or it will not work.
Health Plan Options & Costs for Staff 2019
Health Plan Options & Costs for Faculty 2019
Cash-in-Lieu Recertification Requirements
District Benefits Overview Guide 2019
Carrier Contact Information
CalPERS 2019 Health Benefit Summary (pages 16-23 have a side-by-side comparison of health plans)
CalPERS Health Plan Search by Zip Code (see which health plans are available to you based on your home or work address, please note we are a Public Agency/School)
Delta Dental PPO 2019 Plan Summary
Delta PPO 2019 New Group Number: 07128
DeltaCare HMO Plan Summary
VSP Vision 2019 Plan Summary
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Guardian Employer-Paid Life Insurance Summary 2019
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Voluntary Life and Voluntary AD&D
MetLife Voluntary Life/AD&D Summary
Health Plan Important Notices
2019 Summary of Benefits and Coverage Notice
Uniform Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
Still Have Questions?
Open Enrollment Office Hours (held from 9/10/18-10/5/18)
Employees may schedule a 20 minute appointment during these office hours by emailing Tracey Frizzell at email@example.com. While you may also drop in during these hours, if you choose to do so, you may need to wait for other employees to finish their scheduled appointments.
Mission College, MT-18B
Tuesdays, 9am-11am, 2pm-4pm
West Valley College, HR Department
Fridays, 1pm-3pm (no office hours Friday 9/21)