Email is moving to the cloud!
We are in the process of moving all employee email accounts to the Office365 cloud. The goal is to have all accounts migrated by the end of Fall 2018. During this transition, some of you will use the cloud login, and some will use the classic wvm webmail login:
How do I know if my account has been moved to the cloud?
The I.S. department will notify you when your account is being moved. However, if you're not sure, you can do the following to find out:
- Login using the WVM Webmail Login link.
- If your account has NOT been moved to the cloud, it will take you to the old Outlook Web App.
- If your account HAS been moved, it will present you with a new link, which you can bookmark for future use. After clicking this link, you may be required to enter your password again, but you can use the Cloud Email Login link in the future.
The Good News
Once you've been migrated, you will have 50GB of storage! For most users, that is 50 - 100 times the storage available with WVM Webmail. Also, you will have access to the newest version of Outlook Online used in the Office365 cloud, and will still be able to use the Outlook app on your desktop or mobile device, provided that your version is up to date.
The Bad News
None really, except that once your account has been migrated, you will need to follow a few steps.
What do I do when my account has been migrated?
- Remove the old account from your Outlook app on your desktop or mobile device.
- Re-add the account. Follow instructions to add an account to your Outlook app.
And that's it!
Trouble logging in to your cloud email account?
Please see employee login instructions. Please note that your password does NOT change due to the email migration.
For further help, contact the I.S. Helpdesk at 408-741-2696 M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How do I access cloud email through the portal?
Once all email migrations are complete, you will be able to click the 'Email' button on the WVM Employee Portal home page. Until then, do the following:
- Click the App Launcher
- Click Outlook
- First time using the Outlook Online app, you will be prompted for language and time zone settings. For California, select (UTC - 8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)