Audit and Budget Oversight Committee
The Board establishes the standing committee entitled the Audit and Budget Oversight Committee.
The Audit and Budget Oversight Committee composition shall be three voting members of the Board of Trustees appointed by the Board President and shall operate within the provisions of the Brown Act.
The Audit and Budget Oversight Committee has the following charge:
- Ensuring timely completion of the Annual District Audit;
- Overseeing the timely and effective response to outstanding audit findings;
- Ensuring that management maintains adequate internal controls over financial reporting and minimizing fraud, waste and abuse;
- Maintaining compliance with district policies related to audit or budget;
- and Advising the Board on other fiscal, budget, and operations issues as necessary.
The Audit and Budget Oversight Committee may make recommendations to the Board for consideration regarding matters within the committee’s charge.
The Board may refer audit, budget, and finance matters to the Audit and Budget Oversight Committee for thorough discussion.
The Chancellor or Chancellor’s designee shall be responsible for documenting and maintaining committee minutes.